Texas State's women's golf announced the schedule for the 2020-21 season Oct. 6.
The Bobcats will tee off Oct. 10-11 at the University of Texas' Golf Club & Academy for the Besty Rawls tournament.
The team will host its annual Kissing Tree Invitational in San Marcos at Kissing Tree Golf Club Nov. 1-2. It will then host the annual Texas State Invitational Feb. 8-9.
The Bobcats finish off the season in Dayton Beach, Florida, Apr. 19-21, to compete for the Sun Belt Conference championship.
In the 2019-20 season, the team finished with a 38-59-I overall record and ranked fourth in the conference with an average score of 298.29. The team had the lowest round score in the Sun Belt, with 277.
Texas State had five top 10 finishes in 2019-20. Then senior, now graduate student, Sasikarn Somboonsup paved the way for the Bobcats last season with a win and three top 10 finishes. She finished the campaign with a 73.42 average in 24 rounds played.
Head Coach Parr Nillson recruited five additional freshmen for the 2020 season: Junia Gabasa, Matilda Cederholm, Marine Griffaut, Federica Tavelli-Westerlund and Halle Whitney. With new additions to the team, the women are looking to improve on last year's record.
Full 2020-21 schedule:
- Oct. 10-11 Betsy Rawls Invitational, Austin, Texas
- Nov. 1-2 Kissing Tree Invitational, San Marcos, Texas
- Feb. 8-9 Texas State Invitational, San Marcos, Texas
- Feb. 22-23 Icon Invitational, Houston, Texas
- Feb. 27-28 Gators Invitational, Gainesville, Florida
- March 9-10 Maryb S. Kauth Invitational, San Antonio, Texas
- March 14-16 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate, New Orleans, Louisiana
- March 19-21 Battle At the Beach, Gulf Shores, Alabama
- April 5-6 Cardinal Challenge, Beaumont, Texas
- April 19-21 Sun Belt Conference Championship, Daytona Beach, Florida